Friday 15 September 2017

Why I Chose The Master Of Marketing

As a student at the University of Sydney Business School's Master of Marketing program, I’m confident that at the completion of my degree, I will have developed skills to take on a central role in helping to resolve marketing issues and critical business decisions head-on.

The University of Sydney Business School, in collaboration with esteemed business leaders, developed the program to ensure that its graduates are qualified to meet the real needs of contemporary business. With a focus on interaction, collaboration, dynamism and real-time problem solving, Master of Marketing graduates are prepared to be leaders of the future. The program’s innovative curriculum makes it one of the most cutting-edge, industry-relevant marketing degrees in Australia, combining world-class teaching, theory and applied learning in real-world business contexts.

The Abercrombie Building, home of the Master of Marketing, University of Sydney.
Photographer: Trevor Mein

If you are considering taking a step towards learning the practical skills and knowledge that will transform your career, keep reading to find out why current students in the program chose this life-changing degree.

Mike Joyce
Current student in the Masters of Marketing Program 

I chose the Masters of Marketing program at the University of Sydney to build upon my marketing experience and study the latest academic thinking. I dropped in at an Open Day and met Colin Farrell, the Unit of Study Coordinator of the Master of Marketing. After a short conversation, I knew this was the high standard of teaching and expectations that I was after. I could not have imagined the wonderful friendships that I have already formed in just a few months. The diverse group leads to incredible innovation, creativity and opportunities. I am proud of the work we have produced to date, and I feel lucky to have such amazing colleagues in the unit!


Master of Marketing students at the Semester 2 Orientation event.


Nicole Bernstein
Current student in the Masters of Marketing Program 

I wanted to become an expert in my field. Marketing is so diverse, and I wanted a well-rounded education supporting me in any role that I took on. Understanding various marketing processes from start to finish, and their long-term effects on a brand were especially important to me. Specifically, a good balance of creativity and technical aspects like research and reporting were key factors in my decision to study at the University of Sydney.

Hazel Chen
Current student in the Masters of Marketing Program

I chose to study a Masters of Marketing at the University of Sydney because I though it would be a good chance to go back student life, and this time to be more dedicated to my work. The University of Sydney has offered me the chance to get in contact with students who have different backgrounds. I have learnt how to express myself in a better way, and rid myself of my regular mindset. The robust teaching facilities and wonderful learning environment that’s fostered by the teaching team makes the University of Sydney one of the best universities. I am confident that it will forever remain a special life experience with good memories and true friends.


Lecture theatre in the Abercrombie Building, home of the Master of Marketing at the University of Sydney.

Tom Parish
Current student in the Masters of Marketing Program 

I chose the University of Sydney to study a Master of Marketing because I had a lack of theoretical business knowledge. Coming from a background in neuroscience and being thrust into marketing management positions from graduation, I experienced a lot of failure and stress. Having a foundation in advanced marketing and management concepts is absolutely crucial in building a successful career and business, and this program has already proved to enhance my professional prospects within the first semester of study.

Future leaders coming up in the world in the Abercrombie Building.

Ayesha Hossain
Current student in the Masters of Marketing Program 

I chose to study a Masters of Marketing at the University of Sydney because I wanted a career change. I have worked in the accounting industry for few years dealing with numbers. I know how to allocate and record revenue but I wanted to know more about how to generate it. I wanted to master the skills of marketing which is the key driver of any business that brings money. I am particularly interested in consumer behaviour and brand management and plan to pursue a PhD after completing this cutting edge degree.


Collaborative learning spaces in the Abercrombie Building.


Bowie Chen
Current student in the Masters of Marketing Program

I chose to study a Masters of Marketing at the University of Sydney because it has a great reputation worldwide. Its small class setting with people from different industries, nationalities and backgrounds attracted me the most. In order to pursue my career path further in consulting field, the Master of Marketing has provided me with great networking opportunities. It was through one of the guest speakers that, I got my first consulting job in Australia! It’s an international environment, with excellent professors and fellow students. All the inspiring ideas, encourage me to keep learning and be a better person every day.

The University of Sydney is ranked first in Australia and fourth in the world for graduate employability in the QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2017 and 2018. In addition, the 2017 QS World University Rankings by Subject placed the University of Sydney in the top 40 in the world in business and management.

For more testimonials or to find out how to apply, follow the links or visit the Master of Marketing webpage.

Robert Brunning, Master of Marketing '16


Alyce Brierley
Current student in the Master of Marketing program at the University of Sydney Business School

No comments:

Post a Comment